The Columbia Approach
At Columbia Sportswear, we are committed to building a company of which we can all be proud – not only of the innovative products we create and the financial results we achieve, but the manner in which we achieve them. Whether it’s responsible sourcing, giving back to our communities, or reducing our environmental impact, we believe corporate responsibility is a companywide effort.
We want you to be proud to wear our products, and use our accessories and equipment anytime you step into the Greater Outdoors. Stakeholder input is invaluable to the continuous improvement of our corporate responsibility programs. I invite you to learn what we’ve been doing and participate in making our programs better by providing your feedback at email@example.com.
—Tim Boyle, President, CEO, and Director
We build innovative, functional products that keep our consumers warm, cool, dry and protected so that they can enjoy the outdoors longer and we do so with the environment and our communities in mind. Our Corporate Responsibility Strategy ensures that we have the programs, policies and processes in place across the company to responsibly manage and improve our environmental, social and community impacts as a company.
Our overarching Corporate Responsibility objectives include:
- Inspiring people to experience the outdoors
- Building healthy global communities
- Conserving natural spaces
- Designing products with improved social, ethical and environmental performance
- Working with vendors that share our values of fair and ethical treatment of workers, safe working conditions, transparency and sustainable manufacturing practices
- Running our operations efficiently with respect to resource use
- Reducing our climate impact
We value ethical practices at every step in the supply chain and work with industry groups, civil society organizations and government organizations to keep educated on ethical standards and practices across the supply chain. Read more about Columbia's specific positions on: