We combined 800-fill power goose down with 60g Omni-Heat Thermal insulation to equal 860 TD warmth in this burly protective ski mitten. OutDRY waterproof breathable stretch shell with water-resistant goatskin leather palm and 3-Point precurve fit for dexterous comfort.
Omni-Heat™ thermal insulated
860 TurboDown™ Insulation
Pittards® water-resistant goatskin leather palm
Removable safety leash
Nose wipe on thumb
Shell: 90% polyester / 10% elastane Stretch Max Softshell
Lining: 100% polyester berber fleece
Insulation: 800 Fill Power Goose Down
Omni-Heat™ Thermal Insulation, 60g
OutDry Absolute Waterproof Construction
Omni-Heat™ Reflective Thermal Reflective Warmth
Like a down jacket on steroids. But it's legal.
WATER NOT INCLUDED.
A one-piece breathable membrane seals waters out.
Magic in a littlesilver dot.
Breathable material with little silver dots that reflect body heat.
Platinum 860 Turbodown™ Mitten is rated
4.0 out of
Rated 3 out of
Well-made isn't everything . . .Good price (on sale) - considering the cost of ski gloves.
Well-constructed - and quality materials.Design is lacking.
* A bit hard to fold over a ski pole - needs to be more flexible in the palm
* No envelope for hand warmers - and they are necessary in below 25 degree weather. They are warm - but NOT warm enough for skiing in standard conditions - high 20's low 30's . . .fine for walking in snow, playing outdoors, etc. NOT for serious weather and skiing.
* Worst issue is they are VERY narrow at the wrist - large wristed people will find them difficult. And they need to go INSIDE your sleeve.
Impossible to velcro one side - then with that mitten on - to insert the other side in your sleeve, velcro it - put your jacket sleeve over the mitten and then velcro your jacket sleeve.
I am using them with a Columbia jacket. One side has to be compromised, leaving your wrist exposed to weather
* Also - having it go INSIDE the sleeve is tough. Snow gets up your sleeve (as opposed to it having a full and longer mitten cuff that goes over the jacket sleeve).
* Fit is perfect. Small hand - size small. Spot on.
Date published: 2017-01-17
Rated 4 out of
Great Mittens!The are very warm mittens. They do run large. I had ordered the medium because I have long fingers, returned them for the small and still find them to be a bit big. I am a crossing guard and need to be able to function with them and keep my fingers warm and they work for both. The one issue I have is that the pull strings attach to the Velcro all the time so I find myself pulling them apart. If I could cut the strings that would eliminate that problem but you really need them in order to get the opposite glove on. I just deal with it, because the gloves are really good.
Date published: 2017-01-06
Rated 5 out of
Very Warm MittenThese have kept my hands warm in -30 temperatures. I'm very pleased with the quality and warmth. Only wish it had longer cuff on the wrist line. Gloves run small. I can barely get my had in the large. They are stretching out some after wearing them all winter.
Returns are accepted within 60 days of the purchase date online or in-store. Your apparel must be in original and unworn condition, with tags still attached. Footwear returns must also include the original box.