This trail running shoe is supremely stable, smooth-riding, and armored against rugged mountain terrain. Read more >
Versatile midsole with smooth-riding cushion support for road or trail.
Torsional rigidity and tough forefoot protection.
Happier trails with multi-directional support and impact absorbing cushioning.
GO STEEPWe’ve taken a favorite Montrail running shoe and kicked it up a notch for steep, mountain running. Expect greater protection, durability, and support.FLEXIBLE The enhanced midsole offers exceptional cushioning, flexibility, and support for a soft feel on the roughest terrain.SMOOTH RIDEThe sturdy, full-length outsole with multi-directional lugs deliver a stable ride or rocky, rugged ground.Features:
- An armored and extremely smooth riding mountain running shoe with aggressive traction for rugged ter
- FluidFoam midsole for exceptional cushioning, flexibility and support Patented FluidGuide technolog
- Full-length rubber outsole with TrailShield technology for complete underfoot protection 6mm outsol
- New seamless mesh upper offers protection in a softer, sleeker package Improved mudguard and no-sew
- Style# 1747141
- New seamless mesh UPPER offers protection in a softer, sleeker package. Improved mudguard and no-sew overlays along with scratch rubber toe and heel caps provide the necessary protection and durability for rugged terrain.
- FluidFoam MIDSOLE for exceptional cushioning, flexibility and support. Patented FluidGuide technology for enhanced mid-foot stability and a smooth ride on the trail. Ride heights: 18mm heel / 10mm forefoot.
- Full-length rubber OUTSOLE with TrailShield technology for complete underfoot protection. 6mm OUTSOLE lug height.
Size & Fit
- 1. Fold up at dotted line.
- 2. Place against a wall or other 90 degree surface. Place heel against fold/wall on flat level surface.
- 3. Mark the end of the longest toe with a pen or pencil.
- 4. Measure both feet and use the larger measurement.
- 5. Read measurement and compare to size chart.
- 6. When comparing on the size chart, determine the closest larger measurement and use that number to determine your shoe size for your country’s shoe measurement standard.
Shipping & Returns
|Shipping Method||Rate||Expected Delivery Time|
|Ground||$6.00||3-7 Business Days|
|2-Day Air||$12.00||2-3 Business Days|
|Overnight||$19.00||1-2 Business Days|
|FREE Standard Shipping||Available for Greater Rewards members. Learn more >|
Returns are accepted within 60 days of the purchase date online. Your apparel must be in original and unworn condition, with tags still attached. Footwear returns must also include the original box.
Still Have Questions
See our Customer Service section for more details.
Men’s Trans Alps™ II Shoe is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by JordanElPhotographer from I found my alpine boot replacement shoe! I purchased the Trans Alps II shoe and wore them recently on a 7 mile hike. I bought these shoes hoping they would be my go-to shoe for shorter local hikes, instead of wearing my mountaineering boots. I am really impressed with: the bottom rubber sole. It's strong, rigid and hard like my mountaineering boots, but they are more flexible, way more comfortable and lighter weight! I also bought the Fairbanks 503 boot by Columbia, which I personally prefer the styling of better and these too are really comfortable, but the soles are softer and often times on hikes, at higher elevations, the rocks can be sharp and jagged and I'd prefer to have a harder rubber sole.
Date published: 2018-08-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by PatrickC from Great shoe I bought these s an everyday shoe. They are very comfortable.
Date published: 2018-05-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by OFSDANNY from MEN’S TRANS ALPS™ II SHOE The men's trans alps II shoes in my opinion are amazing, comfortable, and light, they have a design very fashion together with their high technology for running, jogging, jumping, and stuff like style, they are awesome.
Date published: 2018-04-21
Rated 5 out of 5 by AzMtnMan from Superior Shoe Ordered this shoe a couple of weeks ago to try out. Usually run trails in another brand, but I'am having trouble with that brands durability. I wore these straight out of the box on a six mile trail run. The trail is a rocky high desert trail that takes into a local mountain range. This is a very capable shoe. It is rugged, durable, great cushioning, excellent traction and superior fit. I was amazed at how comfortable this trail runner was with no break-in. This shoe has won me over. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Date published: 2018-03-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by JWB12 from Great shoe Bought these mainly for our Alaska trip. However, trekking with them now to break in .. very comfortable, size is perfect .. would recommend
Date published: 2018-03-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nateflyguy from Over the hills and through the woods for sure. Very comfortable soft feel on the inside very sturdy construction and all around feel. The bottoms have so many grips on it but I think I'd never fall off anything with these. Nice running shoe
Date published: 2017-11-27
Rated 4 out of 5 by Theropod from Great Shoes These are great trail runners. They have a ton of support and grip well when coming down the mountain side on loose soil or gravel. I would highly recommend these.
Date published: 2017-11-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by 49er from nice shoes just got them they fit snug but nice I will be using them in Hawaii on the 28th of may 2017 for a hike for the true function of shoe and get back to do rewiew
Date published: 2017-05-21
Back to Top