By using the Site, you agree to our collection, use, and disclosure practices, and other activities, and those of our partners or those individuals or entities we engage to provide services in connection with your use of the Site, as described in this Policy. If you do not agree, discontinue use of the Site.
Your Preferences: If you receive our emails and no longer wish to, just let us know. See the section on Your Rights, Choices and Opt-outs. You also may send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information, or questions concerning our Policy or privacy practices by email or by writing us at the contact provided in the “Questions/Contact Us” section below. This Policy has been designed to be accessible to people with disabilities. If you experience any difficulties accessing the information here, please contact us.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information you directly provide to us through our Site, in our stores and through your other interactions with us. This may include when you use our Site, register or create an online account with or through the Site, purchase products, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, opt in to receive text messages, use our services, enter into sweepstakes or other promotions, fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us.The information we collect from you, and that we have collected from you over the last 12 months, generally falls into the following categories:
- Contact Details. We collect your contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone or mobile number, fax number, or other similar identifiers.
- Financial Data. If you make a purchase from us, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), depending on the form of payment you choose.
- Transaction Details: We collect details about your purchases or other transactions with us, including, but not limited to, your transaction or purchase history, transaction channel, or the general location of the store you visit.
- Account Information. You may choose to register for an account to make a purchase or use certain services. We collect information from you regarding your account registration, such as an email and password.
- Marketing and Communications Data. We collect data concerning your preferences in receiving marketing, other targeted information from us, and your contact preferences.
- Demographic Data. When you enroll in our Greater Rewards program, create an account online or at other times, such as in surveys, we may request that you provide birth month and day, gender and other demographic details, such as information about your shopping preferences.
- Content and Files. We may collect other information about you based on your interactions with us or that you choose to provide to us. For example, if you submit a product review you have the option to provide pictures or other information about yourself, and if you send us email messages or other communications, we will collect and retain those communications. If you choose to answer questions about a product in a survey or other communication requesting feedback, you may provide other information about yourself in your response.
When you visit or interact with our Site, we may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, heat mapping and other technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about your online activity. Please note that we automatically collect, and have automatically collected over the last 12 months, the following information about you:
- Geolocation Data. We collect certain geolocation data when you use our Site. For mobile applications, this may include precise location data as provided by your mobile device with your consent.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your usage of and activity on our Site, including the date and time you visit the Site, the areas, pages, or content of the Site that you visit or engage with, the frequency and duration of your activities (including but not limited to the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site and the number of times you return to the Site), items that are added to or remain in your virtual cart on the Site, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site, and other sites that you may visit.
- Video. When you visit our stores, we automatically record video for security, safety and loss prevention purposes.
|Third Party Sources||Categories of Personal Data|
|Data brokers. Data brokers and aggregators from whom we obtain data to supplement, validate or update the data we collect.||Contact details, financial data, transaction details, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, inferences|
|Third party partners. Third party applications and services, including social networks you choose to connect with or interact with through our services, that make users’ information available to others.||Contact details, financial data, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, inferences|
|Co-Branding/Joint Partners. Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities.||Contact details, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, inferences|
|Service providers. Third parties that collect or provide data in connection with work they do on our behalf, for example companies that determine your device’s location based on its IP address.||Contact details, financial data, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, inferences|
|Publicly available sources. Public domain sources of information such as open government databases.||Contact details, marketing and communications data, demographic data|
2. COOKIES, MOBILE IDs AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
3. INFORMATION USE
|Purposes of Use||Categories of Personal Data|
|Product and Service Delivery. To provide and deliver our products, services and Sites, including securing, troubleshooting, improving, and personalizing those products, services and the Site.||Contact details, financial data, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, video, inferences|
|Business Operations. To operate our business, such as billing, accounting, improving our internal operations, securing our systems, and detecting fraudulent or illegal activity.||Contact details, financial data, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, video, inferences|
|Improvement, Development, and Research. To test and improve our products, services and the Site, develop new products or features, and conduct research.||Contact details, financial data, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, inferences|
|Personalization. To provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, via email, SMS text, direct mail or across other websites, mobile applications, social media or online services you may use||Contact details, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, inferences|
|Customer Support. To provide customer support including for product returns, and to respond to your questions.||Contact details, financial data, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, video, inferences|
|Community. To manage and administer our community features and member programs and services||Contact details, transaction details, account information, marketing and communications data, demographic data, content and files, identifiers and device information, geolocation data, usage data, inferences|
|Communications. To send you information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages such as Abandoned Cart, to invite you to participate in customer research opportunities, such as surveys and focus groups, and to process and deliver contest entries and awards.|
|Marketing. To communicate with you about new products, offers, promotions, loyalty rewards, contests and sweepstakes, upcoming events, and other news offered by Columbia and our selected partners, that may be helpful to you in your pursuit of the Greater Outdoors (see the Choice and Control section of this Policy for how to change your preferences for promotional communications).|
4. SHARING OF INFORMATION
Certain sections of our Site are designed as open and public community areas for connecting and sharing with other people. When you sign up for or participate in these areas you will be asked to provide certain information that may be displayed publicly along with photos, stories, posts, product reviews and other information you choose to provide. We may also post or publish your information when you submit comments, stories, photos, and videos in connection with surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions offered on the Site.
We share personal information, and have shared your personal information over the last 12 months, with your consent or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the products you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share that data with banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, credit risk reduction, or other related financial services.
In addition, we share all the categories of your personal information described above, and have shared your personal information over the last 12 months, with third parties as follows:
- with your consent, including if we notify you on the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information or when you agree to our sharing of your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with our subsidiaries and affiliates including common data systems to process personal information as needed to provide our products and operate our business;
- with vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us for the business purposes described in this Policy, including fulfilling orders or assisting us in advertising our products and services on third party websites;
- if you choose to enter into one of our sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions (a “Promotion”) we may disclose your information to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, as required by law, as otherwise permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, or otherwise in accordance with the terms of this Policy;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of corporate transactions or proceedings such as a merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture, or other transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Finally, we may share other de-identified information and/or aggregate information in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that some parts of our Site may include references or links to sites provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide personal information to any of those third parties, or consent to our sharing personal information with them, that information is governed by their privacy statements.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
6. YOUR RIGHTS, CHOICES AND OPT-OUTS
You can opt-out of receiving promotional text messages or calls to your phone number at any time by (i) for text messages, texting “STOP” in response to any text message you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Questions/Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of text messages; and (ii) for calls, requesting opt-out during any call you receive from us or contacting us as set out in the “Questions/Contact Us” section below and specifying you want to opt-out of calls.
You may also send requests about your contact preferences or changes to your information by writing us at:
Columbia Sportswear Company
14375 N.W. Science Park Dr.
Portland, OR 97229
7. DATA STORAGE
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal information about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have certain rights with respect to that information.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, postal address, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address).
- Customer records, including phone number and billing address.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including gender.
- Commercial or transactions information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Employment and education information.
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
For further details on information we collect, including the sources from which we receive information, review the “Information We Collect” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “Information Use” section above, including to manage our Site.
Right to Opt-Out. You have a right to opt-out from future “sales” of personal information. To do so, please see the California Do Not Sell My Info page.
Right to Know. You have a right to request that we provide you with the following information:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting, using, or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed for a business purpose or sold personal information.
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose. Note that the CCPA defines “business purpose” broadly; and because we use service providers for a number of business purposes that require access to our systems that hold personal information (such as supplying cloud data storage, maintaining the security of our systems, and providing customer support), in the past 12 months we have disclosed for a business purpose data from all of the categories of personal information that we maintain.
You may make such a “request to know” by completing the form provided here or by contacting us at 1-866-482-1422 during normal business hours. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. Note that we have provided much of this information in this Policy.
Right to Delete. You also have a right to request that we delete personal information under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. To make a request to delete, complete the form provided here or contact us at 1-866-482-1422 during normal business hours.
Verification. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request to know or delete. To verify your identity when you make a request to know or to delete, we will email the email address you provide us, and which matches our records, and wait for your response. In some instances we may also ask for additional information such as your mailing address. This is how we verify your identity before complying. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete. You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide written proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Right to Non-Discrimination.
We do not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under applicable privacy laws.
Notice of Financial Incentives.
Greater Rewards members earn “rewards” when they purchase products from Columbia that can be used to discount the price on future purchases of Columbia product, get free ground shipping for online orders, and receive additional member-only promotional discounts from time to time. You can find a full description of Greater Rewards, including the benefits offered, here and related legal terms, here. Because the Greater Rewards program involves the collection of personal information, it might be interpreted as “financial incentive” program under California law.
You can enroll in our Greater Rewards Program by registering on our website, or you can call Customer Care and ask them to register you. You can also enroll in our retail stores by providing your email address to the sales associate at checkout. You may cancel your membership in the Program at any time by notifying Columbia Customer Care through our online chat function or calling 1-(800)-622-6953.
In order to receive Greater Rewards benefits, you will need to be a member and provide the personal information requested through the Program, which generally includes name, email address, mailing address, and phone number. You also have the option to voluntarily provide your gender, and month and day of birth.
We offer a price difference that is reasonably related to the value of your personal information to us in connection with the Greater Rewards program. We estimate the value of personal information provided by our Greater Rewards Program members by comparing the total amount spent over a 12-month period by our Greater Rewards members to similarly situated customers who are not Greater Rewards members. The value will vary, e.g. based on the promotional discounts a particular Greater Rewards member redeems, and the amount purchased by the member using that discount.
Shine The Light
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, if you are a California customer, you may request information about whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of such a request, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e-mailing [email protected] with “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Non-affiliated third parties are independent from Columbia and if you wish to receive information about your disclosure choices or stop communications from such third parties, you will need to contact those non-affiliated third parties directly.
9. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
10. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND PLUG-INS