12 Tips for Trail Running in the Rain
- Strength training: The ever-changing nature of the terrain helps you build muscle.
- Mental toughness: The extra challenge improves focus and mental strength.
- Sense of adventure: You’ll never be bored navigating the puddles, mud, and falling rain.
Bonus points: The mud will make you look and feel like a total badass.
With that, here are some rainy trail running tips:
1. Start with the right shoes
(Check out “How to Choose Trail Running Shoes” for more information on picking out shoes.)
2. Choose the right socks
3. Invest in a good rain jacket
4. Wear form-fitting clothes
5. Embrace the wet
6. Befriend the mud
7. Avoid cotton
(For more tips on how to dress for a winter trail run, read “How to Run When It's Freezing Outside.”)